*** ShoeBox Photos ***
All screens best viewed in 800x600
resolution and utilize a progressive JPEG
format. Photos are encoded with copyright, and information in AdobePhotoShop Info File.
Edwin A. Shears ***
U.S. Navy *** WWII 1943-1946
Travel-Time-Date Itinerary Derived from Edwin's
- June 21, 1943 Left Springfield, MA for Williamsburg,
- Arrived at Canp Perry 11 a.m. on June 22,1943.
- August 22, 1943 Left Camp Perry to return home
0400hr, Arrived 2130 hr
- Left home 1900 hr on August 31, 1943. Arrived 2330
hr Camp Perry 1st September.
- Left at noon for Gulfport,Mississippi, September
8th, 1943. Arrived Camp Hollyday, 0700 hr,10th of September.
- October 8, 1943 left 0800 hr Camp HollyDay for Camp
Rousseau Port Hueneme,CA.
- Arrived Camp Rousseau 2330 hr, October 11th.
- November 9, Left Camp Rousseau for San Fransico, in San
Fransico 0700 hr. boarded ship Sommelsdyke, Dutch Freighter
left San Fransico Harbor November 11, 1943.
- November 26 arrive in New Heberdies
- Return to sea November 30
- Gaudualcanal on afternoon of December 1st.
- Leave for Tulagi Island on Decemeber 2nd.
- Tulagi Island harbor drop anchor December 3rd.
Got off ship December 4, 1943
- "Srader City," home for the 521st "Seabee's"
for the next 1.5 years.
- August 16, 1945 board LST 782 for Russell Islands for
- Weigh anchor August 18th. arrive Ulithi August 16, 1945.
- September 17th head for Okinawa still on LST 782.
- Buckner's Bay, Okinawa become part of the 86th
"SeaBee's" September 28, 1945.
- November 26,1945 on Aircraft Carrier C.V.E. 90...
United States bound. :o)
- Pearl Harbor, Hawaii on December 7, 1945 at 1430,
- San Fransico Harbor, Treasure Island, December
- Pittsfield, Ma. Arrive by train. December 29th,
- Physical February 1st & 2nd.
- Discharged from U.S. Navy Seabee's 1400 hr February
- Comments, Corrections, Contributions Welcomed.
- Christy Butler
**** **** firstname.lastname@example.org